Combined with newer features such as spring-loaded metal sides for better soil control, as well as a shortened PTO connection point for a closer center of gravity to the tractor, the 30'' BCS Power Harrow is the best unit yet for Market Gardeners.
BCS offers 21'', 30'', and 32'' Power Harrow options for bed-style gardening operations. The Power Harrow is manufactured by Thivierge of Quebec and is the preferred seedbed preparation tool by many market gardeners.
While the traditional BCS Rear-Tine Tiller mixes the soil with its vertically rotating tines, the Power Harrow's knives turn horizontally, stirring the soil like an eggbeater.
The goals of this implement are the following:
- Helps preserve soil structure by not mixing soil layers and by creating a larger particle size than that produced by the tiller.
- Reduces weed seed germination by not bringing a new generation of seeds to the surface
- Gently levels and compacts the bed with its metal mesh roller. The firmer seedbed provides better seed-to-soil contact (germination) and improves the performance of mechanical seeders.
Featuring the exclusive adjusting "Josephine" lever, the Power Harrow is easy to turn at the end of rows. The easy-to-use lever enables the operator to quickly reach the transport position at the end of the row. After the turn, the desired depth is re-established by returning the lever handle to its previous notch.
The Power Harrow's tine depth can be easily adjusted from 0 inches to 5 inches and also includes an integrated tang at the PTO connection point.
The integrated tang has a wider bolt hole for the female tractor bushing, which provides a side-to-side "float" on uneven terrain. This integrated tang also means a Quick Hitch bushing is required to mount to all BCS tractor models.
The gentle compaction of the mesh roller improves the performance of mechanical seeders. The roller also benefits the landscape industry by leveling uneven ground.
The 21'' Power Harrow fits models 722 and up. The 30'' and 32'' version fits models 732 and up. We recommend 5"x10" wheels with model 732.
- Easily adjusts from 0 inches to 5 inches
- Stirs the soil, like an eggbeater, to preserve soil structure
- Prevents weed seeds at deeper levels in the soil from being brought to the surface
- Metal mesh roller provides precise depth setting and helps level ground
- Perfect for popular 30''-wide growing beds
- 21'', 30'', and 32'' widths
- Proudly made in North America