Proven Cutterbar for High-Quality Cutting Performance
Proven 100 Series Cutterbar
Due to the high reliability, excellent crop cutting, and overall adaptability to varying terrains, the 100 Series cutterbar is a staple in the FC 4 D Series machines. See for yourself by taking a closer look at what the 100 Series cutterbar has to offer:
- Withstands the highest loads: special high-capacity bearings fitted in a one-piece sealed housing are not subject to distortion.
- Increased service life: disc pinion shaft bearings endure radial forces for maximum bearing life. This optimum position improves the load balance.
- Protection should an obstacle be struck: the Protectadrive® system is designed to protect the cutterbar gear train and minimizes the risk of downtime.
- High-wear resistance: knife attachment hardware is fully protected. For added safety, heat-treated steel cups are welded to the disc.
- Minimum wear or distortion risks: idler gear fasteners are located in heat treated steel cups. Correct alignment is ensured without the risk of distortion.
- Long-term reliability: large-diameter gearwheels in high-tensile forged steel with reinforced teeth.
- Perfect sealing: top-quality o-rings used on cutterbar bearing housings for a perfect, leak-free seal.
Protectadrive® Minimizes Downtime
The disc bearing station can be removed and mounted quickly and easily. Any needed repair is carried out at reduced costs from the outside with minimal downtime.
Reinforced Bearing Stations
Both the FC 284 D and 314 D have been reinforced with heavy-duty outer bearing station supports on both ends of the cutterbar. These supports greatly improve durability of the cutterbar, especially when it is used in difficult conditions.
Standard Fast-Fit® Knives
The Fast-Fit® quick-release knife system allows an operator to rapidly change out cutting knives with the use of a simple tool, yet still retain optimum cut quality and knife life. With Fast-Fit, an operator can achieve up to 50% time savings over a standard system.
Multiple Rotor Speeds
Rotor speed can be adjusted from 615 to 888 RPM by switching the side pulleys. The slower speed is recommended when harvesting more delicate crops such as alfalfa.
Smooth & Steady, Even in Tough Conditions
Lift-Control Suspension System
The Lift-Control device is much more than just a suspension system with a nitrogen accumulator replacing the traditional spring. The principal advantage of this system is derived from the exclusive way in which the kinetic forces that act on the cutterbar are utilized.
KUHN engineers have succeeded in making a dynamic suspension system as opposed to the passive system commonly used. With the Lift-Control system, as the force exerted on the cutterbar increases, the suspension system automatically lightens the cutterbar. The greater the force, the lighter the cutterbar.
- Constant ground pressure
- Non-stop safety breakaway
- Excellent terrain following
- Less soil in the crop
- Minimize torn up turf
Active Non-Stop Breakaway
No one can afford to damage their mower during the peak hay season because of forgotten or unnoticed obstacles. The mowing head will pivot up to 25° to the rear. At the same time, the mowing head will lift to clear the obstruction and then automatically reset to the original mowing position. There is no need to stop and reverse to reset the mower.
The pendulum-type articulation provides constant pressure over the whole mowing unit including on uneven ground. The articulation provides good machine stability and excellent ground following even at high speeds. Two additional benefits of this type of articulation are crop stubble preservation and the ability to reduce soil contamination.
To avoid swinging up and down in the transport position and during headland turns, the central articulation is locked hydraulically. This also adds to the operator’s safety.
Safety During Transport
When folded, the cutting head is centered directly behind the tractor. This facilitates greater ease in road transport. Twin mechanical locks fix the cutting head to securely hold it in position. It’s important to ballast the tractor correctly for safety in transport.
Efficient Conditioning for High Nutritional Value
DigiDry® Finger Conditioner
The DigiDry® finger conditioner provides consistent drying of grass and legume crops in various conditions with little maintenance. Wide rotor, finger style conditioning increases crop-on-crop rubbing to strip off the waxy cuticle layer helping stems dry at the same rate as the leaves. The built-in break back feature normally protects against damage from rocks or other foreign objects.
Adjustable Conditioning Intensity
Quickly and easily select from multiple conditioning hood positions to fine tune the intensity of crop conditioning. Additionally, these models have a conditioning comb that can be set in multiple positions.
- In grass, it is recommended to set the conditioning hood as close to the rotor as practical without causing plugging, and for the conditioning comb to be fully in the path of the crop stream for maximum conditioning effect.
- For legume crops, such as alfalfa, set the hood so there is slight scuffing of the stems, but little to no leaf detachment and take the comb completely out of the crop stream.
Depending on the crop and volume, periodic adjustments may be necessary to ensure desired conditioning.
Wide spreading is standard without needing to remove the swath deflectors. Operators can benefit from up to 80%+ swatch/cut width for maximum drying.